Announcing the ArmyStudyGuide Military Blogger Contest
Are you or a relative a current or former member of the military? Do you like writing about your experience with the military? Have you benefited from the financial or education benefits the military provides? If so, enter the ArmyStudyGuide Military Blogger Contest for a chance to win up to $1,000.
This contest is open to current and former members of all branches of the military–not just the Army–and their immediate families.
Using the entry form, submit a blog post that discusses how you and/or your family have benefited from a military program like the GI Bill, MyCAA, Tuition Assistance, college scholarships, home loans, or any other benefits program. Your entry can be a blog post you have already written or a brand new blog post created specifically for the contest. You don’t have to be a blogger and your entry does not have to be published to enter.
The submission deadline is April 18th, 2010. Three finalists from each of the three categories (Veterans, Active Duty, Military Families) will be selected for a run off.
Winner Selection and Prizes
- The finalists will be announced on April 26th, 2010 and will compete in the run-off until May 10th, 2010.
- Three category winners and one grand prize winner will be announced here on May 17th.
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges who will consider content, relevance to the topic, visitor ratings, and traffic generated by your entry. The grand prize winner will receive $1,000 and each category winner will receive $250. Additionally, winning entries will be featured on our blog, and their authors may be considered for paid blogger positions on ArmyStudyGuide.com, GruntsMilitary.com, ArmyDomain.com, or another military Web site. Read the official rules before entering.
How to Submit Your Entry:
- Post your entry of at least 100 words on your blog or website (You may submit an entire post if you are unable to publish it anywhere else).
- Submit your post via the “Ask a Question” form here:
- Select “I am submitting a contest entry” from the dropdown list
- Enter your name, email, phone number (your phone number may be used if we are unable to contact you via email, your contact information will not be published or shared) and your address.
- Indicate the category you would like to enter under in the text box:
- Active Duty (includes National Guard and Reserves)
- Military Families (spouses, parents, and children)
- If you are unable to post your entry on a blog or website copy it into the text box below your submission category.
- Subscribe to the ArmyStudyGuide blog RSS feed to see when your entry is published to the live site: http://www.armystudyguide.com/education/blog/feed/rss
- Once your entry is published on the ArmyStudyGuide blog, please share your post via your preferred social media networks in order to recruit star ratings and comments for your entry.
If you’ve got a story to tell about your military benefits, submit your entry, share your post, and check out your competition. Good luck!