STEP I: Platoon, ATTENTION. AT EASE
1. The Side Straddle Hop is a four-count exercise done at a moderate cadence.
2. At normal cadence, this exercise will look as follows.
3. The Side Straddle Hop, Start position, MOVE.
4. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
5. 1-2-3-1, 1-2-3-2, 1-2-3-HALT.
6. Position of attention, MOVE.
STEP II: Platoon, ATTENTION.
7. The Swimmer.
8. I will explain the start position to you.
9. On the command of execution MOVE, of Start position, MOVE, lie prone with feet together and with the arms together and extended forward in front of the body. Keep the arms and legs straight at all times during the exercise.
10. Start Position, MOVE.
12. On count one, move the right arm and left leg up. Ready, ONE.
13. On count two, return to the start position. Ready, TWO.
14. On count three, move the left arm and right leg up. Ready, THREE.
15. On count four, return to the start position. Ready, FOUR.
16. Without the numbers. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
STEP III: Platoon, ATTENTION.
17. At Normal Cadence. The Swimmer.
18. Start position, MOVE.
19. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
20. 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3- HALT.
21. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
22. What are your questions pertaining to this exercise with or without the by-the numbers method of instruction