STEP I: Platoon, ATTENTION. AT EASE.
1. The Squat Bender is a four-count exercise done at a moderate cadence.
2. At normal cadence, this exercise will look as follows.
3. The Squat Bender. Start position, MOVE.
4. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
5. 1-2-3-1, 1-2-3-2, 1-2-3-HALT.
6. Position of attention, MOVE.
STEP II: Platoon, ATTENTION.
7. The Squat Bender.
8. I will explain the start position to you.
9. On the command of execution MOVE, of Start position, MOVE, stand with the feet shoulder-width apart, hands on hips with the thumbs in the small of the back, and the elbows back.
10. Start position, MOVE.
12. On count one, bending the knees, lower yourself to a half-squat position while maintaining balance on the balls of the feet. With the trunk inclined slightly forward, thrust the arms forward to shoulder level with the elbows locked and the palms facing down, fingers and thumb extended and joined. Ready, ONE.
13. On count two, recover to the start position. Ready, TWO.
14. On count three, keeping the knees slightly bent, bend forward at the waist, touching the ground in front of the toes. Ready, THREE.
15. On count four, recover to the start position. Ready, FOUR.
16. Without the numbers. Position of attention, MOVE.
STEP III: Platoon, ATTENTION.
17. At Normal Cadence. The Squat Bender.
18. Start position, MOVE.
19. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
20. 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3- HALT.
21. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
22. What are your questions pertaining to this exercise with or without the by-the numbers method of instruction?