Counseling Sample For:
- Soldier precautions of Under-age Drinking
- Legal age for consuming alcoholic beverages
- Repercussions of giving alcohol to under-age personal
Possible Key Points To Discuss During Counseling:
- This counseling is to inform you of the precautions of under-age drinking, State laws, and what is punishable under UCMJ
- The State law legal drinking age is 21 years of age and .05% is considered legally intoxicated in the state of Virginia. (Fact .08% is equivalent to one beer, one shot of liquor or one glass of wine.)
- Under the provision of Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
- It is unlawful for any soldier under the age of Twenty one to lawfully purchase, possess, provide, or consume alcoholic beverages in this Country or the Commonwealth of Virginia. Therefore, until you have attained the legal age of twenty one, you will not purchase, possess, or consume alcoholic beverages while a member of this command. And if you are over the age of twenty one you will not purchase or provide alcoholic beverages to any person under the age of twenty one. Failure to abide by this lawful order shall be considered a violation of Article 92, of the UCMJ, and may be subject to non-judicial punishment under the provision of Article 15.
Possible Plans of Action:
- Ensure soldier read and understood the counseling
- Inform soldier of the legal drinking age
- Inform soldier of the state laws
Possible Leader Responsibilities:
- Ensure SM abide by state law and the UCMJ