Counseling Sample For:
Possible Key Points To Discuss During Counseling:
- Preparing a Family Care Packet (if applicable)
- Physical Fitness
- Work hours as outlined in profile
- Medications (Does the medications restrict driving or lifting?)
- Pregnancy discharge (AR 635-200, Chapter 8)
- Non-Deployable status
- Convalescent leave
- Location of delivery and citizenship of child
Possible Plans of Action:
- Start preparing a family care packet around the 7th month of pregnancy (if applicable)
- Start doing physical fitness with the installation’s Pregnancy Physical Fitness Program group
- Go through supply to get new uniforms for pregnant soldiers.
- Check with doctor to get an understanding of the restrictions the medications may have (driving restrictions, lifting…)
- Plans are to stay in the Army after having the child.
- Contact housing to get on the housing list.
- Keep supervisor informed of the changes in the work hours allowed by profile.
Possible Leader Responsibilities:
- Schedule the soldier for an appointment with the company commander for her initial counseling for her family care packet (if needed).
- Contact the NCOIC of the Installation’s Pregnancy Physical Fitness Program to get her scheduled to start PT with them.
- Coordinate the workload around the soldier’s restricted work hours and other limitations.