This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.

Which GI Bill Pays for Truck Driving Schools?

Q: Is there any GI Bill program that will pay for truck driving schools which usually run one to three weeks and cost $1,500 – $6,000? I am eligible for the Montgomery Bill and Post-9/11 Bill and I am in southeast Michigan.

A: Your best bet would be the Montgomery GI Bill. It is the normally the best choice for trade, technical, license or certification training and it will reimburse you up to $2,000 for your CDL test and endorsements. The Post 9/11 GI Bill would most likely not pay for your training and it would reimburse your for only one test.

Right now the Montgomery GI Bill pays $1,421 per month to go to school and you have to pay all your own education-related expenses. For a course of less than one month, the amount would be prorated down to the number of days paid at around $47.37 per day for the duration of the course. The big thing will be to ensure your choose a school that is VA-approved before enrolling. See your school’s VA Certifying Official and that person can help you with the paperwork. Here is a list of truck driving schools in your area.

Privacy Policy | About Us | FAQ | Terms of Service | Disclaimers | Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA and NV residents)

Copyright © 2023 EducationDynamics. All Rights Reserved.

This is a private website that is not affiliated with the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or Department of Veteran Affairs. U.S. government agencies have not reviewed this information. This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government web site for veterans’ benefits at

The sponsored schools featured on this site do not include all schools that accept GI Bill® funding or VA Benefits. To contact ArmyStudyGuide, email us.

Disclosure: EducationDynamics receives compensation for the featured schools on our websites (see “Sponsored Schools” or “Sponsored Listings” or “Sponsored Results”). So what does this mean for you? Compensation may impact where the Sponsored Schools appear on our websites, including whether they appear as a match through our education matching services tool, the order in which they appear in a listing, and/or their ranking. Our websites do not provide, nor are they intended to provide, a comprehensive list of all schools (a) in the United States (b) located in a specific geographic area or (c) that offer a particular program of study. By providing information or agreeing to be contacted by a Sponsored School, you are in no way obligated to apply to or enroll with the school.

This is an offer for educational opportunities that may lead to employment and not an offer for nor a guarantee of employment. Students should consult with a representative from the school they select to learn more about career opportunities in that field. Program outcomes vary according to each institution’s specific program curriculum. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. The financial aid information on this site is for informational and research purposes only and is not an assurance of financial aid.

VFW $30,000 Scholarship!
Write an essay on the annual patriotic theme. This year’s theme is, “Why Is The Veteran Important?”