This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.

What Does My Son Need to Do to Set Up His Transferred Benefits?

Q: I have successfully transferred my Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to my son going off to college this fall. What does he need to accomplish to set up the benefits with his college?

A: First, your son needs to submit VA Form 22-1990e either online through VONAPP, or by downloading the form, completing it and sending it in by snail mail using the instructions on the form. In return, he will get a GI Bill Certificate of Eligibility (COE) that he will need to bring to his school when he goes to register. His school VA Rep will send in their form to the VA and the VA will match up the school’s form and your son’s certificate to start payment process. The VA will pay your son’s tuition and eligible fees directly to his school. Monthly, your son will get a Post 9/11 GI Bill housing allowance, paid at the E-5-with-dependents rate for the zip code of his school, and $41.67 per credit in a book stipend. The book stipend is capped annually at $1,000, so he can get that for up to 24 credits per year.

Privacy Policy | About Us | FAQ | Terms of Service | Disclaimers | Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA and NV residents)

Copyright © 2023 EducationDynamics. All Rights Reserved.

This is a private website that is not affiliated with the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or Department of Veteran Affairs. U.S. government agencies have not reviewed this information. This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government web site for veterans’ benefits at

The sponsored schools featured on this site do not include all schools that accept GI Bill® funding or VA Benefits. To contact ArmyStudyGuide, email us.

Disclosure: EducationDynamics receives compensation for the featured schools on our websites (see “Sponsored Schools” or “Sponsored Listings” or “Sponsored Results”). So what does this mean for you? Compensation may impact where the Sponsored Schools appear on our websites, including whether they appear as a match through our education matching services tool, the order in which they appear in a listing, and/or their ranking. Our websites do not provide, nor are they intended to provide, a comprehensive list of all schools (a) in the United States (b) located in a specific geographic area or (c) that offer a particular program of study. By providing information or agreeing to be contacted by a Sponsored School, you are in no way obligated to apply to or enroll with the school.

This is an offer for educational opportunities that may lead to employment and not an offer for nor a guarantee of employment. Students should consult with a representative from the school they select to learn more about career opportunities in that field. Program outcomes vary according to each institution’s specific program curriculum. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. The financial aid information on this site is for informational and research purposes only and is not an assurance of financial aid.

VFW $30,000 Scholarship!
Write an essay on the annual patriotic theme. This year’s theme is, “Why Is The Veteran Important?”