This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.

How Do I Transfer My Post 9/11 GI Bill to My Daughter?

Q: How do I transfer my Post 9/11 GI Bill to my daughter?

A: It easy – providing you meet the required Post 9/11 GI Bill qualifications of:

  • you are still serving.
  • have served at least 6 years in the Armed Forces.
  • agree to serve an additional four years
  • your daughter is listed in DEERS as your dependent.

Once you meet these qualifications, then go to the Transfer of Benefits (TEB) website. Open your daughter’s record and enter in the number of months of entitlement you want to transfer to her. Once finished, you will see the Status Block change to “Pending Review” Keep coming back to this website and look for the Status Block to change to “Approved”. Be patient as it can take 8 to 10 weeks for the status to change.

If her record is “grayed out” or it will not allow you to add months of entitlement, then you do not meet the transfer requirements. Generally, it is because of the requirement to serve an additional four years has not been set-up. In that case, extend your enlistment.

Once approved, then your daughter can submit VA Form 22-1990e from the eBenefits website. In return, she will get back a Certificate of Eligibility which she will need when registering for school as a GI Bill student using transferred benefits.

Privacy Policy | About Us | FAQ | Terms of Service | Disclaimers | Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA and NV residents)

Copyright © 2023 EducationDynamics. All Rights Reserved.

This is a private website that is not affiliated with the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or Department of Veteran Affairs. U.S. government agencies have not reviewed this information. This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government web site for veterans’ benefits at

The sponsored schools featured on this site do not include all schools that accept GI Bill® funding or VA Benefits. To contact ArmyStudyGuide, email us.

Disclosure: EducationDynamics receives compensation for the featured schools on our websites (see “Sponsored Schools” or “Sponsored Listings” or “Sponsored Results”). So what does this mean for you? Compensation may impact where the Sponsored Schools appear on our websites, including whether they appear as a match through our education matching services tool, the order in which they appear in a listing, and/or their ranking. Our websites do not provide, nor are they intended to provide, a comprehensive list of all schools (a) in the United States (b) located in a specific geographic area or (c) that offer a particular program of study. By providing information or agreeing to be contacted by a Sponsored School, you are in no way obligated to apply to or enroll with the school.

This is an offer for educational opportunities that may lead to employment and not an offer for nor a guarantee of employment. Students should consult with a representative from the school they select to learn more about career opportunities in that field. Program outcomes vary according to each institution’s specific program curriculum. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. The financial aid information on this site is for informational and research purposes only and is not an assurance of financial aid.

VFW $30,000 Scholarship!
Write an essay on the annual patriotic theme. This year’s theme is, “Why Is The Veteran Important?”