This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military. All proceeds from the operation of this site are donated to veteran and other charities.

Can I Get a Statement of My GI BIll Payment Amounts?

Author Ron Kness is no longer in the service.

Q: My mortgage company has asked me for some type of statement that tells the amount of my BAH every month. Is there such a statement and how do I obtain it? I am retired from the Army and am receiving BAH through the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill. Thank You.

A: I’m not aware of any statement you can get monthly, however you should get a statement after the end of each semester, showing the breakdown of the Post 9/11 GI Bill payments the VA both paid to you and on your behalf to your school.

Also, just to clarify terms, what you are getting from the VA is a housing allowance and not BAH; the VA is not authorized to pay BAH. While the BAH Calculator is used to determine how much you will get as a housing allowance, yours is paid at the fixed pay grade of an E-5 with dependents for the zip code of your school.

You should also be receiving a book stipend paid at the rate of $41.67 per credit, if you are at the 100% level. If not, then it will be paid at your tier level percentage of $41.67.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *