This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.
Army Study Guide Flashcards
What will be embroidered on the three most recent campaign streamers?
“Afghanistan” - For service in Afghanistan, under the criteria established
for the Afghanistan Campaign Medal, units will receive and display a
streamer embroidered “AFGHANISTAN.”
Each unit that has served in Afghanistan will be recognized
with only one campaign streamer, regardless of the number of deployments
or operational rotations it has made.
- “Iraq” - For service in Iraq, under the criteria established for the
Iraq Campaign Medal, units will display a streamer embroidered “IRAQ.”
Each unit that has served in Iraq
will be recognized with only one campaign streamer regardless of the
number of deployments or operational rotations to the country of Iraq.
War on Terrorism” - In recognition of service in the other
geographic regions outside Iraq
and Afghanistan, such
as Kuwait, Qatar
and the Horn of Africa, units will receive a streamer in the colors of the
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal. Regardless of the geographic
region, or the number of deployments, units participating in this campaign
will receive a single streamer embroidered “Global War on Terrorism.”
(Click card to view answer)
(Click card to view question)
Questions in this topic: Flags
- 1 .
- On post, where is building number 1 located?
- 2 .
- Other than Garrison, Post, Field, Storm and Internment flags, name the other types of military flags.
- 3 .
- How is the flag flown on Memorial Day?
- 4 .
- When the flag is flown at night, what must be done?
- 5 .
- What date was the Army flag dedicated?
- 6 .
- When a President or Past President dies, how long is the flag flown at half-mast?
- 7 .
- How is the flag draped over the casket?
- 8 .
- How many stripes does the American flag have?
- 9 .
- What is the difference between the National Colors and the National Flag?
- 10 .
- What do the colors on the flag represent?
- 11 .
- When Military personnel die, the flag is presented to the beneficiary, who provides the flag?
- 12 .
- When the national flag is worn out, how is it disposed of?
- 13 .
- What are the 2 ways that the flag can be displayed?
- 14 .
- Who is traditionally responsible for the safeguarding, care and display of the unit's colors?
- 15 .
- How is the American flag raised to the half-staff position?
- 16 .
- If a flag is in the half-staff position, how is it lowered?
- 17 .
- When folded, what is the shape of the American flag?
- 18 .
- What does the Hoist and Fly of a flag mean?
- 19 .
- What Army Regulation governs the raising and the lowering of the Flag?
- 20 .
- What are the two bugle calls played at Retreat?
- 21 .
- What are some places that the flag is flown 24 hours a day by specific legal authority as of January 1966?
- 22 .
- Are the colors ever dipped as a salute or compliment?
- 23 .
- Name the 3 types of flags normally flown and their sizes
- 24 .
- What are the 5 basic US flags used by the Army?
- 25 .
- When a new state enters the Union, when is the star added to the flag?
- 26 .
- Approximately how long is "to the color"?
- 27 .
- How many National colors can be present during a review, parade, or honor guard ceremony?
- 28 .
- What is the height of a flagpole?
- 29 .
- What are the dimensions of the campaign streamers displayed on the Army Flag?
- 30 .
- What can be found on all but the last three campaign streeamers displayed on the Army flag?