This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.
Army Study Guide Flashcards
DA evaluations focus on an individual Soldier's potential. They are judgments on their ability to perform at current and higher grades, and they are also made to judge whether an officer or NCO should be retained and given greater responsibility in their present grade. In making DA evaluations, what three factors are considered?
- Army requirements for leaders: officers and non-commissioned officers frequently change. At times, the Army has a need for leaders with certain backgrounds, experience, and expertise. The size of the Army leader corps by law in terms of strength by grade. Army needs limit the number of selections and assignments that can be made. Thus, a leader’s potential is partially determined by how they compare with their peers.
- Duty performance. Performance of duty is an extremely important factor in determining a leader’s potential. Duty performance is judged by how well a Soldier performs their assigned tasks and how well they meet Army professional values uniquely established for each respective corps.
- Leader qualifications. It must be considered in order to meet Army needs for outstanding leaders of troop or technical units, supporting staff managers, and technical specialists. One consideration in determining qualifications is the different skills and backgrounds required by different specialties. Another consideration is a Soldier’s individual progress through specialist fields to positions of greater responsibility. In addition, their length of service, civil schooling, military schooling, or other unique skills required by the Army are considered.
(Click card to view answer)
(Click card to view question)
Questions in this topic: NCOER / ERS
- 1 .
- What Army Regulation prescribes the policies for completing evaluation reports that support the Evaluation Reporting System (ERS)?
- 2 .
- What DA Pamphlet prescribes the procedures for completing evaluation reports that support the Evaluation Reporting System (ERS)?
- 3 .
- What does the Evaluation Reporting System (ERS) identify?
- 4 .
- Under the ERS a Soldier is evaluated on performance and potential. In this system, what three kinds of evaluations are given?
- 5 .
- DA evaluations focus on an individual Soldier's potential. They are judgments on their ability to perform at current and higher grades, and they are also made to judge whether an officer or NCO should be retained and given greater responsibility in their present grade. In making DA evaluations, what three factors are considered?
- 6 .
- What is the basic structure of the ERS?
- 7 .
- What is the ERS Process designed to do?
- 8 .
- What will a rating chain for an NCO consist of?
- 9 .
- Can an NCO that is on a recommended list for promotion or frocked to one of the top three NCO grades (first sergeant (1SG), SGM, or CSM) and is serving in an authorized position for the new grade, rate any NCO under their supervision, if after the rater's promotion he/she will be senior in pay grade or date of rank to the rated NCO?
- 10 .
- What is an NCOER?
- 11 .
- How many types of NCOERs are there?
- 12 .
- What is the minimum period of time for rater qualification?
- 13 .
- What is the minimum period of time for senior rater qualifications?
- 14 .
- When will a member of an allied force meet senior rater qualifications?
- 15 .
- What form is used for the NCO Counseling/Checklist Record?
- 16 .
- What are some of the uses of an NCOER?
- 17 .
- What is a rating scheme?
- 18 .
- What forms are used for the NCOER?
- 19 .
- What is the minimum time period before the initial counseling must be done?
- 20 .
- The intitial counseling is slightly different than future counselings in that it primarily focuses on what areas?
- 21 .
- Who is the last individual to sign the NCOER?
- 22 .
- Does the rated NCOs signature mean that the rated NCO approve of the bullets / comment on the NCOER?
- 23 .
- Are NCOERs required for POWs?
- 24 .
- What are the parts of the NCOER?
- 25 .
- What is the minimum period of time for the reviewer?
- 26 .
- Are handwritten comments allowed on the NCOER?
- 27 .
- Will any references be made in an NCOER to an incomplete investigation (formal or informal) concerning a Soldier?
- 28 .
- Rating an NCO's fears, inner feelings, enthusiasm, and overall confidence falls into which Values/NCO Responsibility block?
- 29 .
- Is the use of the 2166-8-1 mandatory for counseling all NCOs in the ranks of CPL through CSM?
- 30 .
- Who receives an NCOER?