dcsimg
This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.

10th Military Police Battalion

10th Military Police Battalion History

The 10th Military Police Battalion was formed on 1 May 1990 to provide a command and control headquarters for three Military Police Companies and the Fort Drum Provost Marshal Office. The soldiers and civilians serving the 10th Military Police Battalion provide multilateral support to the 10th Mountain Division and Fort Drum. They have seen service in the Sinai, Desert Storm, Panama, Somalia, Florida, Haiti and Bosnia. The 10th Military Police Battalion is comprised of the 177th Military Police Detachment, the 511th Military Police Company, and the 10th MP Company.

The 177th includes both the both the headquarters staff and soldiers that support the Provost Marshall Office. The Headquarters element traces it lineage back to the inception of Pine Camp and can most likely tie itself to the 68th Military Police Detachment, which was activated in February 1975. The 68th Military Police Detachment evolved into the Law Enforcement Activity as Camp Drum grew into Fort Drum. This activity is now represented by the 177th Military Police Detachment. Its primary mission is to provide law enforcement to the Fort Drum Community and provide law enforcement support during combat operations. The 177th Military Police Detachment dates back to 6 April 1966, when it activated at Fort Riley, Kansas. The 177th provided command and control for the 504th Military Police Battalion in Vietnam from 1967-1968. The 177th was reactivated in March 1998 in support of the 10th Military Police Battalion and Fort Drum.

The 10th Military Police Company can trace its connection with the 10th Mountain Division since 27 August 1942 when it was constituted in the Army of the United States as Military Police Platoon, Mountain Training Center. On 1 February 1985the unit was assigned to the 10th Mountain Division and activated at Fort Drum, New York.

The 511th Military Police Company is a CORP support Military Police Company. The 511th was constituted on 12 December 1942 in the Army of the United States as the 1125th Military Police Company. The unit was activated on 1 January 1943 at Brookly Field, Alabama and inactivated 25 March 1946 in Japan. The company was then redesigned on 1 November 1970 as the 511th Military Police Company allotted to the Regular Army, and activated at Fort Dix, New Jersey. The 511th moved to Fort Drum in 1989 in support of the 10th Mountain Division (LI).

 

 

Battalion Campaign Participation Credit

Somalia

Operation Restore Hope

Operation Continue Hope

Haiti

Operation Uphold Democracy

Florida

Hurricane Andrew Relief

Bosnia

Operation Joint Forge

Available Subcategories :