What does EO stand for?
What is an EOR?
What rank should an EOR normally be?
SGT (P)through 1LT
What are some of the special commemorations / ethnic observances listed in AR 600-20?
- January – 3rd Monday – Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- February – 1-28/29 - African-American/Black History Month
- March – 1-31 - Women’s History Month
- April/May - Sunday to Sunday for Week Incorporating Yom Hashoah - "Days of Remembrance" for Victims of the Holocaust
- May – 1-31 - Asian Pacific Heritage Month
- August – 26 - Women’s Equality Day
- September/October - 15 Sep.-15 Oct. - Hispanic Heritage Month
- November – 1-30 - National Native American Indian Heritage Month
What Army Regulation covers the EO program?
What are the goals of the EO program?
- Provide EO for military personnel and family members, both on and off post and within the limits of the laws of localities, states, and host nations.
- Create and sustain effective units by eliminating discriminatory behaviors or practices that undermine teamwork, mutual respect, loyalty, and shared sacrifice of the men and women of America's Army.
What are the three policies each commander is required to publish and post on equal opportunity?
- Written command policy statements for EO
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment
- Equal Opportunity Complaint Procedures
Soldiers are required to have how many periods of EO training per year?
4 (1 each
Define the term ethnic group.
A segment of the population that possesses common characteristics and a cultural heritage based to some degree on: faith or faiths; shared traditions, values or symbols;literature, folklore, or music; an internal sense of distinctiveness; and/or an external perception of distinctiveness.
Define the term racism.
Any attitude or action of a person or institutional structure that subordinates aperson or group because of skin color or race.
Describe minority group
Any groupdistinguished from the general population in terms of race, religion, color,gender, or national origin.
What is sexual harassment?
- Sexual harassment is a form of gender discrimination that involves unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature between the same or opposite genders when—
- Submission to, or rejection of, such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of a person’s job, pay, career, or
- Submission to, or rejection of, such conduct by a person is used as a basis for career or employment decisions affecting that person, or
- Such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
- Any person in a supervisory or command position who uses or condones implicit or explicit sexual behavior to control, influence, or affect the career, pay, or job of a Soldier or civilian employee is engaging in sexual harassment. Similarly, any Soldier or civilian employee who makes deliberate or repeated unwelcome verbal comments, gestures, or physical contact of a sexual nature is engaging in sexual harassment.
What is an Affirmative Actions Plan (AAP)?
A management document that consists of statements of attainable goals and timetables. This document is required of all Army organizations, commands,agencies, and activities down to brigade (or equivalent) level. It is designed to achieve EO for all military personnel.
What is the primary channel for correcting discriminatory practices and for communications on equal opportunity matters?
Chain of Command
Does every unit have an EO representative?
Yes, each Commander is required to appoint an EOR in the rank of SGT (P) through 1LT.