Army Study Guide Flashcards
Hand Grenades: Question #
About the AN-M14 TH3 Incendiary:
- Body - sheet metal.
- Filler - 26.5 ounces of thermate (TH3) mixture.
- Fuse - M201A1.
- Weight - 32 ounces.
- Safety clip - no.
- Capabilities – The average Soldier can throw the AN-M14 TH3 25 meters..A portion of the thermate mixture is converted to molten iron, which burns at 4,000 degrees Fahrenheit. It will fuse together the metallic parts of anyobject that it contacts. Thermate is an improved version of thermite, theincendiary agent used in hand grenades during World War II. The thermate filler of the AN-M14 grenade burns for 40 seconds and can burn through a 1/2-inch homogeneous steel plate. It produces its own oxygen and will burn under water.
- Color/markings - gray with purple markings and a single purple band (current grenades). Under the standard color-coding system, incendiary grenades are light red with black markings.
(Click card to view answer)
(Click card to view question)
Questions in this topic: Hand Grenades
- 1 .
- What is a hand grenade?
- 2 .
- What is the effective casualty-producing radius of the M67 hand grenade?
- 3 .
- What are the components of a hand grenade?
- 4 .
- What are the three characteristics of all hand grenades?
- 5 .
- What FM covers Grenades and Pyrotechnic Signals?
- 6 .
- In what five areas can the hand grenade assist the individual soldier in the accomplishment of the mission?
- 7 .
- What are the six types of hand grenades?
- 8 .
- How do you inspect unpacked grenades or grenades stored in ammunition pouches?
- 9 .
- What types of grenades should every soldier be able to identify
- 10 .
- About the M67 Fragmentation Grenade:
- 11 .
- About the M18 Colored Smoke Grenade:
- 12 .
- About the AN-M8 HC Smoke Grenade:
- 13 .
- About the AN-M14 TH3 Incendiary:
- 14 .
- About the ABC M7A2 and ABC M7A3 CS Riot Control: