This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.

What Does TEB Stand For and Can You Address the Transfer of Benefits?

Q: Why your link to TEB doesn’t work? It shows a HTTP 404 Error. Please address this for us looking to transfer benefits to our dependents. And for those that don’t know, what is TEB?

A: Your question here was based off of a comment you made to my blog post dated June 2011. Things change rapidly on the Internet, so what was a valid link back when I posted it, is no longer a valid link now; that is why you got a 404 error. We do not go back and update links as changes occur.

To make a transfer request now, go to the milConnect website and click on Transfer of Education Benefits (which by the way if what TEB stands for – Transfer of Education Benefits) and follow the instructions.

Also, the transfer process will only work if you are still serving and are eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill. If you are no longer serving, then you are not eligible to make a transfer of benefits request.

The way Congress wrote the Post 9/11 GI Bill rules, a servicemember had to be serving “on or after August 1, 2009″ and be currently serving at the time of the request. That is in addition to the other two service requirements of (1) already having served for at least 6 years and (2) having at least 4 years left on your enlistment at the time of the transfer request.

Privacy Policy | About Us | FAQ | Terms of Service | Disclaimers | Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA and NV residents)

Copyright © 2023 EducationDynamics. All Rights Reserved.

This is a private website that is not affiliated with the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or Department of Veteran Affairs. U.S. government agencies have not reviewed this information. This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government web site for veterans’ benefits at

The sponsored schools featured on this site do not include all schools that accept GI Bill® funding or VA Benefits. To contact ArmyStudyGuide, email us.

Disclosure: EducationDynamics receives compensation for the featured schools on our websites (see “Sponsored Schools” or “Sponsored Listings” or “Sponsored Results”). So what does this mean for you? Compensation may impact where the Sponsored Schools appear on our websites, including whether they appear as a match through our education matching services tool, the order in which they appear in a listing, and/or their ranking. Our websites do not provide, nor are they intended to provide, a comprehensive list of all schools (a) in the United States (b) located in a specific geographic area or (c) that offer a particular program of study. By providing information or agreeing to be contacted by a Sponsored School, you are in no way obligated to apply to or enroll with the school.

This is an offer for educational opportunities that may lead to employment and not an offer for nor a guarantee of employment. Students should consult with a representative from the school they select to learn more about career opportunities in that field. Program outcomes vary according to each institution’s specific program curriculum. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. The financial aid information on this site is for informational and research purposes only and is not an assurance of financial aid.

VFW $30,000 Scholarship!
Write an essay on the annual patriotic theme. This year’s theme is, “Why Is The Veteran Important?”