This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.

How Do I Revoke Transferred Post 9/11 GI Bill Entitlements?

Q: I’m still in the military and I had transferred my Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to my wife. We have now decided that once I get out I should use them. How do I change the transfer and get my benefits back? Thanks!

A: Being you are still in, you should be able to go back in the TEB website and make the change. If you can’t get access, or it won’t let you, then you can always do it like those of us that are already out – write the VA a letter and indicate by name and SSN, which record you want to change and how you want to change it, such as I would like to revoke 12 months of Post 9/11 GI Bill entitlements from my wife, Jane Doe SSN 123-45-6789.

Even after retiring, the sponsor always maintains the option to revoke and reallocate Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits as he/she thinks is best.

If you have kids that someday you think may go to college, transfer as little as a month or two to each child while you are still in. The benefit of doing this now is after you retire, you can add to their existing benefits, but you can’t make an initial allocation to them once you are out. That has to be done while you are still on active duty. It is a smart way to use your Post 9/11 GI Bill transfer option.

Privacy Policy | About Us | FAQ | Terms of Service | Disclaimers | Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA and NV residents)

Copyright © 2023 EducationDynamics. All Rights Reserved.

This is a private website that is not affiliated with the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or Department of Veteran Affairs. U.S. government agencies have not reviewed this information. This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government web site for veterans’ benefits at

The sponsored schools featured on this site do not include all schools that accept GI Bill® funding or VA Benefits. To contact ArmyStudyGuide, email us.

Disclosure: EducationDynamics receives compensation for the featured schools on our websites (see “Sponsored Schools” or “Sponsored Listings” or “Sponsored Results”). So what does this mean for you? Compensation may impact where the Sponsored Schools appear on our websites, including whether they appear as a match through our education matching services tool, the order in which they appear in a listing, and/or their ranking. Our websites do not provide, nor are they intended to provide, a comprehensive list of all schools (a) in the United States (b) located in a specific geographic area or (c) that offer a particular program of study. By providing information or agreeing to be contacted by a Sponsored School, you are in no way obligated to apply to or enroll with the school.

This is an offer for educational opportunities that may lead to employment and not an offer for nor a guarantee of employment. Students should consult with a representative from the school they select to learn more about career opportunities in that field. Program outcomes vary according to each institution’s specific program curriculum. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. The financial aid information on this site is for informational and research purposes only and is not an assurance of financial aid.

VFW $30,000 Scholarship!
Write an essay on the annual patriotic theme. This year’s theme is, “Why Is The Veteran Important?”