This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military. All proceeds from the operation of this site are donated to veteran and other charities.

Do I Need to Submit My DD214 and GI Bill Kicker Contract

Author Ron Kness is no longer in the service.

Q: I applied for my Chapter 1607 GI Bill benefits online. Do I still need to submit a copy of my DD214 and kicker contract?

A: Yes you do. The VA needs your DD214 to verify your dates and types of service you entered on your VA Form 22-1990; they need your DA Form 3286-66 (Army) or NGB 5435-R Annex K (National Guard) kicker contract to verify how much you signed up for. With that program , the amounts have varied through the years, and without a copy of your kicker contract, they will not know how much to pay you for your Chapter 1607 GI Bill.

To find your kicker contract, look through your enlistment contract. It will be in there as an annex or addendum. If you can’t find it there, go to your online military records folder and do a search.

Once you find it, print it off and then fax it to the VA along with a copy of your DD214. Once the VA verifies you eligibility, you should start receiving your kicker payment with your Post 9/11 GI Bill housing allowance. Your kicker should be divided into 36 payments, so you will get one each month for as long as you are in school, up to the 36 months.

3 responses on “Do I Need to Submit My DD214 and GI Bill Kicker Contract

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Important Information: We strive to provide information on this website that is accurate, complete and timely, but we make no guarantees about the information, the selection of schools, school accreditation status, the availability of or eligibility for financial aid, employment opportunities or education or salary outcomes. Visit here for important information on these topics.