This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.

Do I Get Only 80% of the Housing Allowance, If I’m at the 80% Tier Rate?


Q: I am only eligible for 80% under the Post-9/11 GI Bill, does this mean that I will only receive 80% of the SGT’s BAH?

A: If you are at the 80% tier level, then yes, that means you will get 80% of the Post 9/11 GI Bill housing allowance, in addition to getting paid 80% of the book stipend. The VA will pay 80% of your tuition and fees, up to the maximum in-state public school rate for the state where your school is located. You will have to pay the remaining 20% of your tuition and fees.

To figure out how much Post 9/11 GI Bill housing allowance you would receive, use the BAH calculator and enter the zip code of your school in the Duty Zip Code field and select E-5 from the Pay Grade drop-down box. What you would get would be 80% of the E-5 with dependents rate. As far as the book stipend, you would get 80% of $41.67 per credit hour which figures out to $33.34 per credit hour up to a yearly maximum of $1,000.

Keep in mind you won’t get a housing allowance if you are taking only online classes or your rate of pursuit is considered less than half-time ( which normally means taking less than 6 credit hours per term).


Privacy Policy | About Us | FAQ | Terms of Service | Disclaimers | Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA and NV residents)

Copyright © 2020 EducationDynamics. All Rights Reserved.

This is a private website that is not affiliated with the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or Department of Veteran Affairs. U.S. government agencies have not reviewed this information. This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government web site for veterans’ benefits at http://www.va.gov.

The sponsored schools featured on this site do not include all schools that accept GI Bill® funding or VA Benefits. To contact ArmyStudyGuide, email us.

Disclosure: EducationDynamics receives compensation for the featured schools on our websites (see “Sponsored Schools” or “Sponsored Listings” or “Sponsored Results”). So what does this mean for you? Compensation may impact where the Sponsored Schools appear on our websites, including whether they appear as a match through our education matching services tool, the order in which they appear in a listing, and/or their ranking. Our websites do not provide, nor are they intended to provide, a comprehensive list of all schools (a) in the United States (b) located in a specific geographic area or (c) that offer a particular program of study. By providing information or agreeing to be contacted by a Sponsored School, you are in no way obligated to apply to or enroll with the school.

This is an offer for educational opportunities that may lead to employment and not an offer for nor a guarantee of employment. Students should consult with a representative from the school they select to learn more about career opportunities in that field. Program outcomes vary according to each institution’s specific program curriculum. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. The financial aid information on this site is for informational and research purposes only and is not an assurance of financial aid.

Enter to Win $1,000 for College From Lending Tree. Deadline to Enter January 31, 2022.

X

Enter NOW! Niche's $2,000 Scholarship Giveaway, Deadline July 31, 2021

X