This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.

Are There Any Online Full-Time Technical Schools That Accept VRAP?

Author Ron Kness is no longer in the service.

Q: Need an online full –time technical school that will accept VRAP as its funding source. Please help!

A: There are actually quite a few schools where you can use the VRAP GI Bill. One of the best ways to identify the schools is through the College Navigator search program. First, start by clicking on the Browse Programs button, and select the career of your choice. If you are looking for a technical school, then most likely you will want to check certification for a Level of Award, but it could be an associate’s degree too, depending on your selected field.

Finally select your Institution Type — whether you are looking for public or private school and if they are a two-year school or less than two years. The list of schools the sites returns are ones that match your selected options. Then, you would have to go school-by-school and click on each school’s website to see if they offer their program as an online option.

As you know, under the VRAP program, you are eligible for up to 12 additional months of training in a high demand field. The pay you would get is the same as if you were using the Montgomery GI Bill – $1,473 per month currently at the time of this writing. Out of your monthly money, you have to pay your own tuition, fees, books, etc.

Once you are finished with your training program, the Department of Labor offers resources to help you find a job.

11 responses on “Are There Any Online Full-Time Technical Schools That Accept VRAP? is a full time approved school with a staff ready to help and answer your questions. we have students in the system and receiving funds already as apposed to many other schools that are not ready and do not truly have all the facts.

“ITT TECH does”

Yeah, if you want to spend an $18,000 benefit on an Associate degree program that costs over $40,000. I had to dig deep just to find that information. I wouldn’t suggest wasting your time with them. ACOT, mentioned above, is over $14,000. Looks like these clowns want ALL of the benefit, huh, and leave nothing for us for other expenses. Right now, I’d say your best bet is the local Community or Tech College. I’ll keep looking, but the cheapest online program I’ve found is over $9000 for a 12 month certificate (photography and multimedia) from Sessions College (based in AZ). They want over $900 a month of the benefit on a payment plan. Personally, I wouldn’t trust them. They seem way too eager to get at you. Good luck!

I don’t think it is so much that ITT doesn’t accept VRAP as much as it is the ITT is not approved by the VA as a VRAP school because it also has four-year Bachelor degree programs, something not approved by VRAP.

Jonny B is right! The cheapest you’ll find is ACOT for a DIPLOMA in Computer Programming (about $8,200) or Sessions College for the Cerificate in Photography. Also remember that you can use the Pell Grant in conjunction with VRAP…

I’m sorry Gerry, but I can’t help you with that as I’m not a disability expert. I have a hard enough time trying to keep up with the GI Bill. From the GI Bill side, I’m not sure you could get VRAP funding if you are getting disability payment. If you are denied VRAP, have you tried VocRehab?

The three online schools I have found, with enrollment throughout the year, follows.

They are all a little pricey taking between $800-900 a month out of your $1500(+), but I guess something is better than nothing.

Criteria: VRAP approved, online classes, monthly enrollment, VRAP “friendly”, monthly payments.

Thanks you all for your service, and best wishes!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Privacy Policy | About Us | FAQ | Terms of Service | Disclaimers | Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA and NV residents)

Copyright © 2020 EducationDynamics. All Rights Reserved.

This is a private website that is not affiliated with the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or Department of Veteran Affairs. U.S. government agencies have not reviewed this information. This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government web site for veterans’ benefits at

The sponsored schools featured on this site do not include all schools that accept GI Bill® funding or VA Benefits.For more information on how to choose a school, visit. For more information on, visit our FAQ page or follow the About Us link found below. To contact ArmyStudyGuide, email us.

Disclosure: EducationDynamics receives compensation for the featured schools on our websites (see “Sponsored Schools” or “Sponsored Listings” or “Sponsored Results”). So what does this mean for you? Compensation may impact where the Sponsored Schools appear on our websites, including whether they appear as a match through our education matching services tool, the order in which they appear in a listing, and/or their ranking. Our websites do not provide, nor are they intended to provide, a comprehensive list of all schools (a) in the United States (b) located in a specific geographic area or (c) that offer a particular program of study. By providing information or agreeing to be contacted by a Sponsored School, you are in no way obligated to apply to or enroll with the school.

This is an offer for educational opportunities that may lead to employment and not an offer for nor a guarantee of employment. Students should consult with a representative from the school they select to learn more about career opportunities in that field. Program outcomes vary according to each institution’s specific program curriculum. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. The financial aid information on this site is for informational and research purposes only and is not an assurance of financial aid.