Possible topics to discuss during counseling:
- What creditors are late receiving payments
- Does the soldier have a budget set up
- Is the soldier over extended in finances
- Root cause for the lateness on payments
- Failure to financial obligations could result in UCMJ
Below is a space for you to list addition topics to discuss that may apply uniquely to your situation:
Possible Plan of Action: (Person counseled develops plan with counselor’s guidance.)
- Make an appointment with the Unit Financial Advisor to get a budget drawn up
- Based on the budget, draft a plan to make payments to all creditors and provide a copy to the chain-of-command
- If over budgeted consider consolidating some of the bills
- Stick with the budget until the financial problem has been resolved
- Follow-up with the chain-of-command monthly until the financial problem is taken care of.
Leader Responsibilities: (This is only an example for you to use as a guide.)
- Schedule an appointment for the soldier with the Unit Financial Advisor.
- Follow-up monthly to ensure the soldier is staying within his/her budget and his/her bills are being paid.