Straight Arm Bar from the Guard
Straight Arm Bar from the Guard.
(1) Step 1. When the fighter is on his back with the enemy in his guard, the enemy will sometimes present a straight arm such as when trying to choke. The fighter should secure the target arm above the shoulder.
Straight arm bar from the guard, step 1.
(2) Step 2. The fighter inserts his other hand under the enemy’s leg on the side opposite the targeted arm. The hand should be palm up.
Straight arm bar from the guard, step 2.
(3) Step 3. By releasing his legs from around the enemy’s waist and raising them above him, the fighter changes his center of gravity.
Straight arm bar from the guard, step 3.
(4) Step 4. He now curls his back to give himself a point on which to spin, and by pulling with the arm on the side opposite the targeted arm, he spins around and places his leg over the enemy’s head, capturing the target arm between his legs.
Straight arm bar from the guard, step 4.
(5) Step 5. The fighter now brings his hand from under the enemy’s leg and secures the wrist of the targeted arm, completing the move by breaking the targeted arm with pressure from his hips.
Straight arm bar from the guard, step 5.