What is the weight of the M11 pistol with an empty magazine?
Describe the M11 pistol.
The M11 pistol is a 9-mm, semiautomatic, magazine fed, recoil-operation, double-action weapon chambered for the 9-mm cartridge.
Describe the magazine for the M11.
A standard staggered box magazine designed to hold 13 rounds
What is the weight of the M11 pistol with a 13 round magazine?
What is the basic load of ammunition for the M11?
How many rounds can a magazine designed for the M11 hold?
What are the two types of ammunition used by the M11?
- Cartridge, 9-mm ball, M882 with/without cannelure).
- Cartridge, 9-mm dummy, M917.
What Field Manual covers the M11?
What are the proper clearing procedures for the M11?
- Place the decocking/safety lever in the SAFE down position.
- Hold the pistol in the raised pistol position.
- Depress the magazine release button and remove the magazine from the pistol.
- Pull the slide to the rear and remove any chambered round.
- Push the slide stop up, locking the slide to the rear.
- Look into the chamber to ensure that it is empty.
What are the steps required to perform a function check for the M11?
- Clear the pistol in accordance with the unloading procedures.
- Depress the slide stop, letting the slide go forward.
- Insert an empty magazine into the pistol.
- Retract the slide fully and release it. The slide should lock to the rear.
- Depress the magazine release button and remove the magazine.
- Ensure the decocking/safety lever is in the SAFE position.
- Depress the slide stop. When the slide goes forward, the hammer should fall to the forward position.
- Squeeze and release the trigger. The firing pin block should move up and down and the hammer should not move.
- Place the decocking/safety lever in the fire POSITION.
- Squeeze the trigger to check double action. The hammer should cock and fall.
- Squeeze the trigger again. Hold it to the rear. Manually retract and release the slide. Release the trigger. A click should be heard and the hammer should not fall.
- Squeeze the trigger to check the single action. The hammer should fall.
What are the steps to the cycle of operation of the M11?
- Extract ing
How do you perform immediate action for the M11?
- Ensure the decocking/safety lever is in the FIRE position.
- Squeeze the trigger again.
- If the pistol does not fire, ensure that the magazine is fully seated, retract the slide to the rear, and release.
- Squeeze the trigger.
- If the pistol again does not fire, remove the magazine and retract the slide to eject the chambered cartridge. Insert a new magazine, retract the slide, and release to chamber another cartridge.
- Squeeze the trigger.
- If the pistol still does not fire, perform remedial action.
How do you perform remedial action for the M11?
- Clear the pistol.
- Inspect the pistol for the cause of the stoppage.
- Correct the cause of the stoppage, load the pistol, and fire.
- If the pistol again fails to fire, disassemble it for closer inspection, cleaning, and lubrication.
What are the major components of the M11?
- Slide and Barrel assembly
- Recoil spring and Recoil Spring guide
- Barrel and Locking Block Assembly
What is the maximum range of the M11?
What is the maximum effective range of the M11?
What are the three safety features found on the M11?
- Safety Lever
- Firing Pin Block