Restoring the AT4 to carrying configuration
If the launcher is prepared to fire, but then is not fired, it must be taken out of operation as follows:
- Release the forward safety.
- Push forward and to the left on the cocking lever, and let it spring back into the SAFE (uncocked) position.
- Move the launcher from your shoulder, ensuring the muzzle is pointed in the direction of fire.
- With the launcher cradled in your left arm, replace the transport safety pin until it is fully seated in the retainer hole.
- To avoid breaking off the rear sight, remember to reset the range indicator to the 200-meter setting before closing the rear sight cover.
- Lay down the sights and close their covers.
- Snap the shoulder stop into the closed position.
- Sling the launcher over your right shoulder and move to another location.