031-503-1040 - Protect Yourself From NBC Injury/Contamination With Joint Service Lightweight Integrated Suit Technology (JSLIST) Chemical Protective Ensemble
Conditions: You are given the
JSLIST chemical protective ensemble and a protective mask. You learn that a
chemical attack is about to happen. You must enter an area where chemical
agents have been used, or you must recognize a chemical hazard, or you are
attacked with chemical agents without warning.
Standards: Protect yourself
from NBC injury/contamination with JSLIST chemical protective ensemble by
achieving mission-oriented protective posture (MOPP)4 within 8 minutes,
performing all steps in sequence, and returning to MOPP0 when ordered.
1. Don the MOPP gear.
a. Don the overgarment trousers.
(1) Extend your toes downward, put
(2) Close the slide fastener, and
(3) Pull the suspenders over your
NOTE: The trouser length can
(4) Adjust the waistband
b. Don the overgarment coat.
(1) Don the coat, and close the slide
(2) Secure the front closure flap
(3) Pull the bottom of the coat down
(4) Pull ends of the waist elastic
c. Don the overboots.
(1) Don the overboots over your
(2) Pull trouser legs over the
: If the MULO are not available,
d. Don the chemical protective mask.
(1) Adjust the head harness, and
(2) Pull the hood over your head and
(3) Place the edge of your hood
(4) Snap the barrel locks together;
(5) Have a buddy check the hood seal
WARNING: THE BARREL LOCK
(6) Untie the bow in the coat
(7) Place the waistband coat
NOTE: The waistband can be
e. Don the gloves.
(1) Push sleeves up your arm.
(2) Don gloves (and liners if butyl
(3) Pull the cuffs over the gloves,
NOTE: Doffing procedures to
2. Doff your MOPP gear.
a. Doff your gloves.
(1) Unfasten the hook-and-pile
(2) Put your gloves in your trouser
b. Untie the bow in the coat retention
c. Doff your helmet and cover, if worn.
d. Doff your hood from the coat.
(1) Unfasten the barrel locks.
(2) Loosen the hood.
(3) Unfasten the hook-and-pile
(4) Pull the hood off your head.
e. Doff your protective mask, stow it in
f. Doff your boots.
(1) Unfasten the ankle hook-and-pile
(2) Unfasten the two strap-and-buckle
(3) Remove the MULO.
g. Doff your coat.
(1) Unfasten the front closure flap
(2) Remove your coat.
h. Doff your trousers.
(1) Unfasten the suspender and waist
(2) Unfasten the front closure snaps,
(3) Remove your trousers.
3. Perform after-use preventive-maintenance checks
4. Remove the clear plastic resealable bags from