You are a squad/section leader. One of your
soldiers has committed an act that may
require disciplinary action based on
violation of standards, bad conduct, breach
of discipline, or insubordination. Given a
computer with appropriate software, printer,
AR 25-50, AR 27-10, AR 600?8?2, AR 600-20,
AR 601-280, AR 630-10 and AR 635-200.
Verified act occurred, determined if
conduct was a violation, prepared and
1. Verify that reported or observed act occurred.
2. Determine if conduct is in violation of standards,
breach of discipline, or
Gather all information.
Seek advice from legal
representative (unit legal clerk or
3. Prepare recommendation in memorandum or as required
by local directive.
4. Submit recommendation to higher authority.
evaluate this task, give the soldier a
scenario that would provide enough
information to accomplish the performance
steps. Provide the soldier with access to a
computer, a printer, and references.
Soldier: Tell the soldier he will be
evaluated on his ability to recommend
disciplinary action for a soldier.
1. Verified that reported or observed act occurred.
2. Determined if conduct was in violation of
standards, breach of discipline, or
Gathered all information.
advice from legal representative
(unit legal clerk or JAG officer).
3. Prepared and sent recommendation to higher
authority for disciplinary action.
Guidance: Score the soldier GO on
performance measures passed. Score the
soldier NO GO on any performance measures
failed. The soldier must score a GO on
performance measures 1 through 3 to receive
a GO on the task. If the soldier scores NO
GO, show him what was wrong.