Conditions: Given a requirement to communicate a message via a
tactical telephone and the following:
An unclassified message (approximately 25
A tactical telephone (DNVT, TA-838/TT,
TA-341()/TT, TA-1042A/U and TA-954/TT)
installed in a point-to-point configuration
and operating in a non-secure mode.
Communicated the message within 10 minutes
with no errors.
1. Initiate call (lift handset from cradle).
2. Verify distant end is ready to receive message.
3. Communicate message.
4. Verify message is received.
5. Disconnect call (return handset to cradle).
Setup: Provide the
Tactical telephone (DNVT, TA-838/TT,
TA-341()/TT, TA-1042A/U and
TA-954/TT) that is installed and
connected to the distant tactical telephone
(DNVT, TA-838/TT, TA-341()/TT, TA-1042A/U
Tactical telephones (DNVT,
TA-838/TT,TA-341()/TT, TA-1042A/U and
TA-954/TT) are set to operate in the
A prepared message (approximately 25 words)
for the soldier to communicate.
Tell the soldier he must communicate
the prepared message.
1. Initiated call (lifted handset from cradle).
2. Verified distant end is ready to receive message.
3. Communicated message.
4. Verified message was received.
5. Disconnected call (returned handset to cradle).
Score the soldier GO if all
performance measures are passed.
Score the soldier NO GO if any
performance measure is failed.
If the soldier scores NO GO, show him
what was done wrong and how to do it
125 US SUPPL-1