Human Resources Specialist (42A)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
Human Resources Specialists are central to providing the Army with qualified Soldiers. A Human Resources Specialists primarily helps Soldiers develop their Army careers, but also provides personnel support and assistance to all divisions of the Army.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Specialist may include:
- Organizing, maintaining and reviewing personnel records
- Entering and retrieving personnel information using computers
- Processing recommendations for awards and decorations
- Arranging awards ceremonies
- Preparing, updating and coordinating requests for evaluations
- Preparing and monitoring Soldier requests for ID cards and tags, leaves of absence and passes
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies
- Maintaining filing systems
Job training consists of seven to nine weeks of classroom instruction. You’ll learn basic typing skills, how to prepare Army correspondence and forms, how to manage personnel records and computer update and retrieval procedures.
Helpful attributes include:
- Interest in English, speech, business administration and typing
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and instructions
- Ability to communicate and write clear instructions or correspondence
- Interest in working closely with others
Advanced level Human Resources Specialists provide technical assistance to other Human Resources Specialists within the same discipline.