Up and Forward
STEP I: Platoon, ATTENTION. AT EASE.
1. The Up and Forward is a four count exercise done at a fast cadence.
2. At normal cadence, this exercise looks as follows.
3. The Up and Forward.
4. Start position, MOVE.
5. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
6. 1-2-3-1, 1-2-3-2, 1-2-3-HALT
7. Position of attention, MOVE.
STEP II: Platoon, ATTENTIOIN
8. The Up and Forward
9. I will explain the start position to you.
10. On the command of execution MOVE of Start position, MOVE, grasp the barrel of the rifle with the right hand, raise the rifle diagonally across the body, simultaneously with the left hand grasp the handguard just above the slipring. Release the grasp of the right hand and regrasp the rifle at the small of the stock. Lower the rifle to a horizontal position and with the left hand grasp the handguard near the upper sling swivel. The elbows are locked, and the feet remain as in the position of attention.
11. Start position, MOVE.
13. On count one, swing the arms forward and upward to an overhead position. Ready, ONE.
14. On count two, swing the arms forward to shoulder level. Ready, TWO.
15. On count three, repeat the action of count one. Ready, THREE.
16. On count four return to the start position. Ready, FOUR.
17. Without the numbers. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
STEP III: Platoon, ATTENTION.
18. At normal Cadence.
19. The Up and Forward.
20. Start position, MOVE.
21. In cadence, EXERCISE.
22. 1-2-3-1, 1-2-3-2, 1-2-3-3, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-HALT.
23. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
24. What are your questions pertaining to this exercise with or without the by-the-numbers method of instruction?