STEP I: Platoon, ATTENTION. AT EASE.
1. The High Jumper is a four-count exercise done at a moderate cadence.
2. At normal cadence, this exercise will look as follows.
3. The High Jumper.
4. Start position, MOVE.
5. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
6. 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-HALT.
7. Position of attention, MOVE.
STEP II: Platoon, ATTENTION.
8. The High Jumper.
9. I will explain the start position to you.
10. On the command of execution MOVE, of Start position, MOVE, place the feet about shoulder-width apart with the knees flexed. Bend forward at the waist, aligning the arms with the trunk and hips.
Keep the arms straight at all times during the exercise. Keep the palms facing each other with the head and eyes initially to the front.
11. Start position, MOVE.
13. On count one, jump up slightly, swinging the arms forward and up to shoulder level. Ready, ONE.
14. On count two, jump up slightly and swing the arms down and back; return to the start position. Ready, TWO.
15. On count three, leap up vigorously, swinging the arms forward and up to an overhead position. Look skyward briefly. On returning to the ground, flex the knees and return the head and eyes to the front. Ready, THREE.
16. On count four, repeat action of count two. Ready, FOUR.
17. Without the numbers. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
STEP III: Platoon, ATTENTION.
18. At Normal Cadence. The High Jumper.
19. Start position, MOVE.
20. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
21. 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-HALT.
22. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
23. What are your questions pertaining to this exercise with or without the by-the-numbers method of instruction?