STEP I: Platoon, ATTENTION. AT EASE.
1. The Engine is a four-count exercise done at a moderate cadence.
2. At normal cadence, this exercise will look as follows:
3. The Engine. Start position, MOVE.
4. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
5. 1-2-3-1, 1-2-3-2, 1-2-3-HALT.
6. Position of attention, MOVE.
STEP II: Platoon, ATTENTION.
7. The Engine.
8. I will explain the start position to you.
9. On the command of execution MOVE of Start position, MOVE, stand with the arms straight and in front of the body. The arms should be parallel to the ground with the palms facing downward.
10. Start Position, MOVE.
12. On count one, bring the left knee upward to the left elbow. Ready, ONE.
13. On count two, return to the start position. Ready, TWO.
14. On count three, touch the right knee to the right elbow. Ready, THREE.
15. On count four, return to the start position. Ready, FOUR.
16. NOTE: Be sure to keep the arms parallel to the ground throughout the entire exercise.
17. Without the numbers. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
STEP III: Platoon, ATTENTION.
18. At Normal Cadence.
19. The Engine.
20. Start position, MOVE.
21. In Cadence, EXERCISE
22. 1-2-3-1, 1-2-3-2, 1-2-3-3, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-5-HALT.
23. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
24. What are your questions pertaining to this exercise with or without the by-the-numbers method of instruction?