Woman's Army Corps (Obsolete)
Branch Insignia: The head of “Pallas Athene,” 1 1/8 inches in height, of gold color metal.
The head of “Pallas Athene” was approved as the insignia for the Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps in 1942. Pallas Athene was a goddess associated with an impressive variety of womanly virtues. She was the goddess of handicrafts, wise in industries of peace and arts of war, also the goddess of storms and battle, who led through victory to peace and prosperity. The design was retained by the Women’s Army Corps when it was established in 1943.
The Women’s Army Corps was disestablished as a separate corps of the Army on 20 October 1978.
Branch Colors: Mosstone green and old gold