Bureau of Insular Affairs (obsolete)
Branch Insignia: A bunch of seven arrows, points up, superimposed on a pair of wings, all gold.
The Division of Customs and Insular Affairs was organized on 13 December 1898. This Division was responsible for the administration of U.S. possessions and islands under military occupation. The War Department managed some of the possessions and the State Department managed some of the affairs. In 1902, the Bureau was established with the War Department responsible for all of the possessions. The insignia was authorized on 31 December 1902 in General Regulations and amended by General Orders No. 132 on the same date. The Bureau was transferred from the War Department to the Department of Interior in 1939.
Branch Colors: Dark blue.