This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.

From MOS 42L to a Certified Administrative Professional

Created by: Natalie Peeterse
Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2007
If you're currently serving in the Army with an MOS as an administrative specialist, your skills might transfer well to a civilian business administration career . You can obtain certifications as a certified administrative professional, or focus on more advanced and specialized certifications, like a certified records manager or certified mail manager. Along with these certifications, a degree in business administration might be your best bet for future success.

From Administrative Specialist to Business Admin Professional

The tasks you mastered while serving in the Army can translate to a successful career in business administration . Your skill with organization and experience working rigid hours and completing tasks on strict deadlines can make a positive impression on civilian employers. In order to round out your skills and abilities, you should complete a degree in business administration.

Begin a Business Administration Degree Program Now
Many adult learning centers offer courses in information resources and network tools, communicating in business, organization and management, introduction to quality, and leadership. Such courses can help prepare you for your civilian career. And with coursework available online you can complete your online degree where and when it's convenient for you.

Earn Your Degree for Less, Soldier!
When you use your military tuition benefits, your degree in business administration can be free, or at least a whole lot cheaper. You can also translate some of your real world experience into college credit through the DANTES credit-by-exam program, which includes the CLEP tests, DSSTs, and ECE exams. Best of all, if you anticipate being on active duty for a few years to come, taking these classes can earn you Army promotion points.

Available Subcategories :