This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.
Army Study Guide Flashcards
What are the steps required to perform a function check for the M11?
- Clear the pistol in accordance with the unloading procedures.
- Depress the slide stop, letting the slide go forward.
- Insert an empty magazine into the pistol.
- Retract the slide fully and release it. The slide should lock to the rear.
- Depress the magazine release button and remove the magazine.
- Ensure the decocking/safety lever is in the SAFE position.
- Depress the slide stop. When the slide goes forward, the hammer should fall to the forward position.
- Squeeze and release the trigger. The firing pin block should move up and down and the hammer should not move.
- Place the decocking/safety lever in the fire POSITION.
- Squeeze the trigger to check double action. The hammer should cock and fall.
- Squeeze the trigger again. Hold it to the rear. Manually retract and release the slide. Release the trigger. A click should be heard and the hammer should not fall.
- Squeeze the trigger to check the single action. The hammer should fall.
(Click card to view answer)
(Click card to view question)
Questions in this topic: M11 Pistol