This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.
Army Study Guide Flashcards
What are the proper procedures to clear the M60 Machine Gun?
- Moves the safety lever to the “F” position.
- With his right hand,palm up, pulls the cocking handle in the rear. Moves the safety lever to the“S” position. Returns and locks the cocking handle in the forward position.
- Raises the cover and conducts the four-point safety check for brass, links, or ammunition.
- Checks the feed pawl assembly under the cover.
- Checks the feed tray. Lifts the feed tray and hanger assembly and inspects the chamber.
- Checks the space between the face of the bolt and the chamber.
- Closes the cover and moves the safety lever to the “F” position. Pulls the cocking handle to the rear position. Pulls the trigger and at the same time eases the bolt forward by manually riding the cocking handle forward.
- Places the safety lever on “S” and raises the cover. (If not disassembling the gun, keep the cover down.)
(Click card to view answer)
(Click card to view question)
Questions in this topic: M60 - Machine Gun