This website is not affiliated with the U.S. government or military.
Army Study Guide Flashcards
What are the proper clearing procedures for the M240B?
- Move the safety to the fire “F” position.
- With his right hand, (palm up) pulls the cocking handle to the rear, ensuring the bolt is locked to the rear (bipod mode).
- Return the cocking handle to its forward position.
- Place the safety on safe “S.”
- Raise the cover assembly and conduct the four-point safety check for brass, links, or ammunition.
- Check the feed pawl assembly under the cover.
- Check the feed tray.
- Lift the feed tray and inspects the chamber.
- Check the space between the face of the bolt and chamber to include the space under the bolt and operating rod assembly.
- Close the feed tray and cover assembly and place the safety to the fire “F” position. Pull cocking handle to the rear, and pull the trigger while manually riding the bolt forward. Close the ejection port cover.
(Click card to view answer)
(Click card to view question)
Questions in this topic: M240B - Machine Gun