What Documents Can And Cannot Be Filed In Your OMPF
The purpose of this easy-to-read list is to provide you with a reference of those documents that can or cannot be filed on your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) and that are typically found in active duty enlisted files. For a more complete listing of authorized documents view AR 600-8-104.
* Evaluation reports (EER/NCO-ER, DA Form 2166-series).
* Academic Evaluation Reports (AER), DA Form 1059.
Education and Training Section
* Official College Transcripts (with Registrar's signature and school seal visible).
* Military Correspondence Course Completion Certificates. For example: The Army
Institute for Professional Development (i.e., "Certificate of Completion").
* Departments of the Navy, Air Force or Marine Corps Training Certificates.
* Naval Correspondence Course Completion Certificate, (i.e., Mathematics Part I).
* U.S. Air Force Correspondence Course Completion Certificate (i.e., Crisis Response
* (Military Course Completion) Certificates (issuing school must be listed in DA Pam
351-4. For example:
- U.S. Army Signal School.
- U.S. Army Intelligence Center & School.
- U.S. Army Training Center, Ft. Leonard Wood.
- NCO Academy (Field Artillery, Ordinance, Infantry, etc.).
* Award Orders for Good Conduct Medal, Air Assault Badge, Airborne Badge,
Driver's Badge, Diving Badge, etc.
* Award Certificates for Meritorious and Valor Medals (DA Form 638's are not authorized for filing unless the award was downgraded or disapproved).
* Certificates of Achievement, Appreciation or Commendation.
* Article 15 (directed for filing on the Performance fiche).
* General Officer Letters/Memorandum of Reprimand (directed for filing on the OMPF).
* Court Martial Orders (where found guilty of at least one charge).
* Enlistment Contract.
* Reenlistment Contracts.
* Extensions of Enlistment, waivers of enlistment or reenlistment contracts &
Declination of Continued Service Statement.
* Promotion Orders.
* DD 214 (if prior service).
General Administrative Section
* Classified Nondisclosure Statements.
* Name Change Authorizations.
* Article 15 directed for filing on the Restricted fiche.
* Court Martial Orders (when found not guilty of all charges).
* Army Board for Correction of Military Records (ABCMR) correspondence.
* Noncommissioned Officer Evaluation Report Appeal correspondence.
* Other historical documents as required by regulation.
The following are examples of documents that are routinely sent to EREC but are NOT AUTHORIZED for filing on the OMPF.
* Certificates of training not listed in DA Pam 351-4.
* ITC Training and German Headstart.
* Time Management Course.
* Stress Management Course.
* Counseling Techniques Course.
* Unit Awards (these are posted to your ERB and DA Form 2-1i.e., Army Superior Unit
Award. Joint Meritorious Unit Award. Valorous Unit Award).
* Orders awarding or changing an MOS or skill identifier.
* Illegible documents.
* Individual college grade reports.
* Subcourse completion notices.
* Scrolls of appreciation.
* CLEP test results.
* Regimental affiliations, for example:
- Order of the Spur.
- Samuel Sharpe Award.
- Order of Saint Barbara.
- Horatio Gates Award.
* Audie Murphy and Sergeant Morales Club Induction Certificates.
* Certificates of Participation, Recognition or Athletic Achievement.
* GT score results.
* APFT score cards.
* Student agreements.