Inspecting the M72 Series LAW
Because the M72-series LAW is issued as a round of ammunition rather than as a weapon, inspection is limited to a visual examination of the sealed unit. Inspect the launcher's overall condition before preparing the launcher for use.
- Check the body for dents, cracks, or bulges.
- Check the rubber boots covering the trigger bar and barrel detent for tears or punctures.
- Ensure the arming handle is present and on SAFE and that the pull pin is in place.
- Check the data plate for the phrase, W/COUPLER.
1. IF THE M72A2 LAW DOES NOT STATE "W/COUPLER" ON ITS DATA PLATE, TURN THE WEAPON IN TO THE UNIT AMMUNITION SECTION.
2. THE COUPLER PREVENTS THE INNER AND OUTER TUBES FROM SEPARATING AND POSSIBLY CAUSING PREMATURE DETONATION.
Launcher Data Plate