M60 - Machine Gun
- M80 - Ball
- M62 - Tracer
- M61 - Armor piercing
- M63 - Dummy
- M82 - Blank
Rapid rate of fire- every 2 minutes
- Sluggish operation
- Runaway gun
- Moves the safety lever to the “F” position.
- With his right hand,palm up, pulls the cocking handle in the rear. Moves the safety lever to the“S” position. Returns and locks the cocking handle in the forward position.
- Raises the cover and conducts the four-point safety check for brass, links, or ammunition.
- Checks the feed pawl assembly under the cover.
- Checks the feed tray. Lifts the feed tray and hanger assembly and inspects the chamber.
- Checks the space between the face of the bolt and the chamber.
- Closes the cover and moves the safety lever to the “F” position. Pulls the cocking handle to the rear position. Pulls the trigger and at the same time eases the bolt forward by manually riding the cocking handle forward.
- Places the safety lever on “S” and raises the cover. (If not disassembling the gun, keep the cover down.)
- Open the cover and pull the cocking handle to the rear.
- Place the safety on “S” position.
- Return the cocking handle to the forward position.
- Close the feed tray cover.
- Place the safety on “F” position.
- Grasp the cocking handle with the right hand, pull the trigger with the left hand, and ease the bolt forward.