673rd Medical Company (Dental Services)
The 673rd Medical Company (S) has a distinguished history beginning with it's constitution on 31 May 1945 as the 673rd Dental Operating Detachment Aviation. It was initially activated on 10 July 1945 on Okinawa, Japan, for service in World War II. Subsequently, it was inavtivated on February, 1946, also at Okinawa.
The company was re-designated on 27 September 1951 as the 673rd Dental Operating Detachment and allotted to the Regular Army. It was then activated on 13 November 1951 in Korea. Following the Korean War, the unit was inactivated on 24 January 1953 in Korea.
As Vietnam loomed on the United States' horizon, the company was once again called into service. This time it was activated on 22 July 1965 in Vietnam. Following the end of the war, the unit was once again inactivated in Vietnam on 22 June, 1972.
Finally, the unit was once again activated on 20 January 1994 at Fort Lewis, Washington as part of the 62nd Medical group. In October 1999, the 673rd was re-designated as the first Army Medical Department multi-component unit, providing a seamless integration between the active and reserve components.
The company's campaign participation credits include almost every major conflict since it's initial activation in 1945. Among the credits are: World War II, the Korean War, the UN Summer-Fall Offensive, the Second Korean Winter, Korea Summer- Fall 1952, Third Korean Winter and most recently Operation Iraqi Freedom.
The 673rd Medical Company (Dental Services) made history by being the first Army Medical Department Mulicomponent unit to be activated and deployed in support of a major campaign.
The unit continues to participate in various missions today providing dental support in every environment imaginable.
Decorations for the unit include:
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army)
Streamer Embroidered Vietnam 1968-1969
SPC Pagan, Erick