Unload an M16A2 Rifle
Given a loaded M16A2 rifle from which you must remove the ammunition.
Clear the rifle, removing all ammunition and securing the rifle in the SAFE mode.
TRAINING AND EVALUATION
Training Information Outline
1. Point the rifle muzzle in a safe direction.
2. Place the selector lever on SAFE.
3. Remove the magazine from the rifle.
4. Lock the bolt open.
a. Pull the charging handle rearward.
b. Press the bottom of the bolt catch.
c. Return the charging handle to the forward position.
5. Remove any ammunition from the receiver and chamber.
6. Press the upper portion of the bolt catch, allowing the bolt to go forward.
7. Pull the trigger to release the pressure on the firing pin spring.