STEP I: Platoon, ATTENTION. AT EASE.
1. The Knee Bender is a four-count exercise done at a moderate cadence.
2. At normal cadence, this exercise will look as follows.
3. The Knee Bender.
4. Start position, MOVE.
5. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
6. 1-2-3-1, 1-2-3-2, 1-2-3-HALT.
7. Position of attention, MOVE.
STEP II: Platoon, ATTENTION.
8. The Knee Bender.
9. I will explain the start position to you.
10. On the command of execution MOVE, of Start position, MOVE, stand with the feet shoulder width apart, hands on the hips, the thumbs in the small of the back, and elbows back.
11. Start position, MOVE.
13. On count one, bend at the knees, lean slightly forward at the waist with the head up, and slide the hands along the outside of the legs until the extended fingers reach the top of the boots or the middle of the lower leg. (At no time should the angle between the calf and the upper leg be less than 90 degrees). Ready, ONE.
14. On count two, recover to the start position. Ready, TWO.
15. On count three, repeat action of count one. Ready, THREE.
16. On count four, repeat action of count two. Ready, FOUR.
17. Without the numbers. Position of attention, MOVE.
STEP III: Platoon, ATTENTION.
18. At Normal Cadence.
19. The Knee Bender.
20. Start position, MOVE.
21. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
22. 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-HALT.
23. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
24. What are your questions pertaining to this exercise with or without the by-the-numbers method of instruction?