Bend and Reach
STEP I: PLATOON, ATTENTION. AT EASE.
1. The Bend and Reach is a four-count exercise done at a slow cadence.
2. At normal cadence, this exercise will look as follows.
3. The Bend and Reach. Start Position, MOVE.
4. In Cadence, Exercise.
5. 1-2-3-1, 1-2-3-2, 1-2-3-HALT.
6. Position of attention, Move.
STEP II: Platoon, Attention.
7. The Bend and Reach.
8. I will explain the start position to you.
9. On the command of execution Move, of Start position, Move, stand in a wide, side-straddle position with the palms facing each other and the arms overhead and straight.
10. Start position, Move.
12. On count one, bend at the knees and waist. Slowly bring the arms down, and reach between the legs as far as possible. Make sure the angle formed by the upper and lower leg is never less than 90 degrees. Ready, ONE.
13. On count two, recover slowly to the start position. Ready, TWO.
14. On count three, repeat the action of count one. Ready, THREE.
15. On count four, repeat the action of count two. Ready, FOUR.
16.Without the numbers. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
STEP III: Platoon, ATTENTION.
17. At Normal Cadence.
18. The Bend and Reach.
19. Start position, MOVE.
20. In Cadence, EXERCISE.
21. 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-HALT.
22. Position of attention, MOVE. AT EASE.
23. What are your questions pertaining to this exercise with or without the by-the-numbers method of instruction?